Thursday, July 15, 2010

Day two - learning to blog

well I hope to get to cooking and recipes soon but learning my way around the dash board and how to up load pictures has taken most of my evening, but its a learning curve and it seams pretty simple.

At work today i was asked how did i get into cooking; this came up a lunch as we all sat around looking at the wide assortment of "lunches from home" everyone brought in. I said "we liked to entertain and I started buying cook book", pausing to watch my co-worker build their sandwich buy opening all of these very neat little packages of tin foil all holding one ingredient for what look like a very interesting sandwich. "why not build the sandwich at home and bring in the completed master piece?' i asked. "I do not like when the bread get moist and the way all the parts of the sandwich muddle together as the sit for hours in the fridge", she replied. I understand the moist bread but the melding of the flavors i did not.

But i digress ...

One of my peers asked "how and why did you start your own cookbook?"

It started when I was looking for a pesto recipe and thought this seams simple and if keep the building blocks the same - a green, a fat, a nut and an alliaceae the combinations are endless; and that is what started me on the love of cooking and 600 plus recipes later i am still having fun.

Off to the cabin tomorrow but my next post will be all the variations I came up for Pesto's

No comments:

Post a Comment