Friday, September 4, 2015

Marinara


I was looking at the tomato gathering i had to do this morning and i have enough San Marino Tomatoes to make a batch Marinara.  When done i will have about six quarts of sauce/gravy when done.  And yes i do not peal or seed the tomatoes when i make my sauce.  A lot of the flavor is in the skins and there has been many posts on other food blogs about not pealing the tomatoes when making sauce.  The peal adds flavor and helps thicken the sauce.

I have been asked many times to post my recipe; this is one of those labor of love recipes; i took me awhile to get it perfect and i am not ready to part with it yet.  But below are some of the other things i do put into my sauce.  The ingredient below was a suggestion of a famous Italian Chef and why is Gravy was rich and robust. 



Fresh Herbs - during the simmering stage i throw in bunches of basil and parsley, stalks and all.  But when i am about to can the sauce i add fresh chopped herbs.  Another hint, i roast the garlic, onions and peppers prior to adding them to the sauce. during the simmering stage.  There are four stages to my marinara and 12 different ingredients.




No comments:

Post a Comment